8 Things You Can Do To Deal With Cold And Flu Symptoms Without Drugs
With the cold and flu season here, you must be wondering what you can do besides taking neo citran and over the counter drugs to speed up your recovery and feel better.
Here are my tips:
1) Eat lots of garlic and ginger. Both of which are immune boosters and cleansers.
2) Make a concoction of water, honey, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, grated ginger with a pinch of sea salt and drink a liter of it throughout the day to replenish your electrolytes.
3) Eat lots! Especially meat and good fats (butter, coconut oil, avocado, olive oil)
4) If you have a sore throat, a mix of unheated honey and raw coconut oil. That mixture will sooth your throat and destroy microbes
5) If you’re taking fish oils, double up on them until your symptoms subside. If you’ve been neglecting them, this is a really good time to start taking them.
6) Up your vitamin C intake if you take some, take some if you’re currently having none.
7) Take vitamin D3 (10,000 – 20,000 IU per day or more) until symptoms subside
8) Go to bed early, (10:00pm is good) sleep lots. Run a humidifier in your room while you sleep if the room is dry. Bundle up at night so you raise your temperature and sweat. This signals your immune system to work a bit harder.
9) You could also add a few drops of oil of oregano, propolis and olive leaf extract (very anti-viral) especially if you have no fever.