Salmon w/Pecan Pesto
This is nom nom nom! Eat it with someone you love!
- 5 oz shelled pecans
- 1 3-inch sprig of rosemary
- 4 salmon fillets (1 1/2 lb total)
- 3 oz cold butter, cut into 1 1/2 tbsp pats
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- zest of 1 small lemon (or small orange), finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Toast pecans on a cookie sheet about 20 minutes, or until they release their aroma.
- Set aside to cool.
- Strip rosemary leaves from stems, mince, and set aside.
- Rinse salmon and pat dry.
- Butterfly fillets with a sharp knife, if desired.
- Rub salmon with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Panfry fillets until firm to the touch.
- Place the toasted pecans, rosemary, butter, jalapenos, and lemon zest in a food processor.
- Process for 5 seconds, scrape the bowl, and repeat two or three times until a paste (pesto) forms. Do not overprocess.
- Spread the pesto over the cooked salmon, and serve immediately.